To read or not to read? (Reflection on reading habits)

When I was a child, I started reading as most children do: by school impositions.
However, I must say, this was the starting point of a delightful relation between reading and me.
It is true that not everything I used to read was enjoyable or interesting at all, but I learnt the art of reading to learn something, to extract something useful.
Nowadays I read many less thick books, what anyone would call "proper readings" but the reading I do is much more pleasant and thoughtful than it used to be. I plan very well my readings and I devote all the time it requires to make the most of it.
Besides this, I have "bits of reading" when I sit every night for the storytelling time with my child. I love picture two that depicts a grandmother and what seems to be her grandson reading together. It makes me think that reading is not always something individual, but that provides beautiful moments of sharing and slow living in this fast-moving world.
All these good emotions connected to books can be achieved through relaxed classroom  reading. I also think about classroom reading when looking at picture three and how graduated readings can be enjoyable for students in teaching EFL.

Comentarios

  1. I would like to add that ''proper reading'' is that which makes you enjoy, period, regardless of its lenght, quality, quantity or format. No one should judge what others read. Having said this, I think you are just doing the right thing; listening to your instincts and just read what makes you feel great!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I have also enjoyed reading books with mó brother, and now I read books to my dughter before going to be. I am rally booking forward to the momento I am sharing with her my passion

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I also share those bits of reading with my two little daughters. We often read together and I enjoy the pleasure of sharing wonderful stories with them. We keep books in every corner at home!When I think of it I realise they're everywhere!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog